Sunday, 19 July 2009

Happy Dark Knight Day


I'm a day late, but i was buzy yesterday so sorry.


One year ago yesterday (July 18th 2008) Saw the release of one of the most brilliant films ever made, and to date the second most succesful..... Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight'.


I'll get it out the way early, the film is amazing, the cast is fantastic, and the late Heath Ledger as the Joker is the best individual performance in a movie for decades ! Ledger was a favourite of mine for a long time and the devestation of his death ramped the longing for this film up even more. However some background info best be given....


To say i was obssessed would be mild term. From the moment the Joker card was turned over in the final seconds of 'Batman Begins' and i left that theatre (In 2005) I couldn't wait for the follow up, the sequal. And so began a very long but ultimatley rewarding 3 years. From the moment that the wheels started runnign on the movie, all the way through casting, to filming begining to the first iconic image of Ledgers Joker. I was there all the way, feeling like a part of the thing itself.


After 3 years of waiting and reading the internet everday (Mention for http://www.batman-on-film.com/.. Best Bat-site on the web) I booked my tickets for the Imax screening at 3:20 Pm, at the Imax screen, at point Orlando. I booked those tickets a month in advance, on the night before my birthday actually (memorable for another reason to be truthful) And finally i was reay to go, one month till i would be sitting there !


The day arrived. 18th July 2008. Me, Dad, Bob and Greig, had a wee drink in the hooters bar just across from the cinema and then sauntered over, in pissing rain may i add. There we had to que for about half an hour, i was close to peeing myself with excitement frankly. Finally we all got in, got seated and waited.


Then the lights dimmed, everybody drew breath, and 3 years of excitement came to a close...


And it was worth every moment of it !


I'll Be Talkin To Ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment