Thursday, 4 February 2010

The Grammy's 2010

I watched the Grammy's last night. Now i love this award show, it's usually pretty good, whilst the other ones, especially in the music business, have a habit of being fairly shit (looking at you MTV awards...) Last night however, despite my high hopes, totally blew me away !

Wow ! The performances were just fantastic, Pink for starters kicked ass. I love that women, yeah, but she was unbelivable. She sang one of my favourites 'Glitter In The Air' whilst doing a hangy-trapeze type act thing, really high up. Taylor swift was (as usual) very good. A little duet with Stevie Nicks was kinda cool too, if not somewhat random. Then the Black Eyed Peas completely stole the show, they perfromed their newest single first, which then morphed into 'I Gotta Feeling' which i have a feeling could well be the best live version of that song they have yet preformed, fucking outstanding. Bon Jovi done a few songs too, they were good. I'm not a big fan like, but i did enjoy it, the crowd were singing along which always adds an extra layer to the song i think. There was some sappy Michael Jackson tribute thing, just incase we'd forgotten he'd died (seriously bitches, get fucking over it !) Beyonce kicked ass as usual, as did Travis Barker and Eminem, who done some sorta hybird thing which was actually very good. The most surprising performance though has to be Jamie Fox rapping with the guitar solo from 'November Rain' being plaayed live behind him by Slash..... Yeah, that's right... Fucking Slash ! Of Guns&Roses fame.

Ok, that's all there is to say on that really, give it a watch if ya can !

I'll be talkin to ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment