Monday, 14 December 2009

A Tale From Calton Hill



Not that long ago, i was up Calton hill. Think it would have been around the 22nd of September. It was to do with some Uni assigment that me and a friend were doing as a pair. Easier that way, split the work, split the time sorta. Anyway, irrelevent point, the tale goes like this.....

Me and this girl met in town and fannnied around for abit before treking up the hill, we didn't spend too long around there and basicly after some time we came down, got food and then i left town.

Boring story yeah ? Pretty much, but recently this day has actually became a little bit more prominent in my mind. I noticed that day that this girl liked me, at the time i laughed it of, i had loads of other shit on my mind, and frankly i wasn't interested at the time. However.... Since then a lot has changed, i've noticed how sorta awesome this girl actually is. We are still friends, but with benefits, meaning when we've been at a party or what not and both drunk, we sleep together. She's not willing to commit to anything and to be honest i'm not either.

But what is important is that for the three hours or whatever that we palled about for there was a definate closeness there y'know, something that is extremelly rare. A solid connection like. I do find it difficult to open up and warm to people, but for whatever reason i found it dead easy with her, at the time i didn't give it all that much thought really, just passed it of as a lucky coincidence. I mean, in truth we hit it of from the word go on our first day like, which was a relief. Infact i'm sure if you look back long enough here, i'll have made mention of it at the time. Funny how it all pans out eh ! I'm writing like this almost as if theirs been a big fall out or something like, which ain't true. We're still dead friendly and all that that, it's just sorta upped a level and therefore gotten slightly less easy and slightly more intense.


In the end, this just makes the day on Calton Hill a little bit more interesting. Because before all the shit surrounding us now, we were just very friendly and maybe the affection i could see coming from her was a sign of things to come, maybe if i'd acted at the time things could be differant. Who knows ?

All in all, i've known this person for all of four months, and already there has been two vastly differant situations between us. I sure do act fast to fuck things up. I enjoyed how it was at the start.... I enjoyed Calton Hill. As for the situation just now.. Well, let's just say, i'm still trying to work out the benefits....

I'll be talkin to ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment