Saturday, 7 November 2009

Henry James. That author guy....

FYI. I Just finished reading Henry James's 'The Turn Of The Screw' for Uni. This was a little excert from my notes yesterday. Donno why i'm typin it all up, i suppose i just found it sorta funny.....

What's My proper Thought's On This Story... ?


Well, seriously.... I quite enjoyed it. I kid you not. I mean yeah, in all truth it is pretentious, wanky nonsence :/ But it does engage. You gotta stick with it, but when you have, it's really worth it. It's one of these books that (to my shame) i didn't read proper, not everyword like. To do that i thought (and still do) would weigh me down in an epic quantity of bullshit, so i skim read: Yeah, yah, it's bad, slap on the wrists, blah, blah, blaaaaa. But Fuck ya. It worked for me. I maybe don't know every little idiosyncrasy of the novel(la) but i have a fully functional working knowledge of the books broad strokes. Especially the batshit crazy governess ! There i Said it ! There ain't no ghost or possessions bitches. Just one crazy, jilted woman and her emotions... Makes sense if you think about it !
Go team.
I'll be talkin to ya XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment