Thursday, 23 September 2010

Better Weather

This is a song by the Scottish band Twin Atlantic. There is something entirely lovely about the lyrics. I don;t quite understand what it is, as the song itself itn't all that fantastic. But i suppose the words just really connect with me. The imagery that they conjure is something special and for this the band deserve praise.

'Dearest forgetful,



Here are my guilty hands,


And you take them across your eyes,


They help you remember




This is not a dream,


Could it get any better?


We'll wait out the winter nights,


And laugh along with the better weather.




And we'll forever be in disguise


We're pushing back in the shadows


To help us realize


And we'll forever be in disguise


We're pushing back in the shadows


To help us realize




My science is the answer


You both can play a part in my game.


On chaos, chaos, chaos, chaos, chaos rain


On chaos, chaos, chaos, chaos, chaos rain




I've been making meadows


I've been making meadows


In the sky


In the sky




With the seeds,


From your eyes


From your eyes


Dearest forgetful,


Here are my guilty hands,


Take them across your eyes,


So you can remember


This is not a dream,


Could it get any better?


We'll wait out the winter nights,


And laugh along with the better weather.'
 
 
-Twin Atlantic
 
 
I'll be talkin to ya xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment